Canada Immigration Programs

Canada offers several immigration programs to attract skilled workers, entrepreneurs, investors, and family members. Here are some of the key immigration programs in Canada:

  1. Express Entry System:
    • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
    • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
    • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs):
    • Each province and territory in Canada has its own immigration programs to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on their specific economic needs.
  3. Quebec Immigration Programs:
    • Quebec has its own immigration system, separate from the federal programs. It includes the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) and the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ).
  4. Family Sponsorship:
    • Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor family members for immigration, including spouses, common-law partners, parents, and dependent children.
  5. Caregiver Program:
    • Caregivers, including nannies and home caregivers, can apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot.
  6. Atlantic Immigration Pilot:
    • This program is designed for skilled workers and international graduates who want to live in the Atlantic provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
  7. Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot:
    • This pilot program is aimed at spreading the benefits of economic immigration to smaller communities in Canada.
  8. Start-up Visa Program:
    • This program is for entrepreneurs who have the support of a designated Canadian business incubator, angel investor group, or venture capital fund.
  9. Self-Employed Persons Program:
    • This program is for individuals who have relevant experience in cultural or athletic activities and can be self-employed in Canada.
  10. Agri-Food Pilot:
    • This pilot program is for experienced, non-seasonal workers in specific agri-food industries who can contribute to Canada’s agriculture sector.
  11. Protected Persons and Convention Refugees:

    • Protected Persons and Convention Refugees in Canada can apply for permanent residency.


Immigration policies and programs may change, so it’s advisable to check with an immigration professional for the most up-to-date information.

2012 All Rights Reserved. Rostin Consulting Group.